**** Commodore16.com ****

Commodore 16/Plus 4 website to provide support and gaming

Auf Wiedersehen Monty Secret Rooms

Home Forums Commodore 16/+4 Discussion Forum Software Auf Wiedersehen Monty Secret Rooms

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Baz 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Baz

Chris had a little trouble in this game. So for anyone stuck, here’s some help.

GERMANY

Fig 1.
    The arrow points upto a secret entrance by climbing up the rope through the ceiling to the right-hand cave in Fig 2. Monty is standing on a secret ledge that leads up through the ceiling somewhere, just follow around and jump to find it. See fig3 for the point where Monty Mole will arrive.
    aufmonty-fig1
    Fig 2.
    Monty is seemingly trapped in the cave, but the only way out is the way you came in by moving down here, left into the cave on the left and then down again through the floor, where you came in from Fig 1.
    aufmonty-fig2
    Fig 3.
    Monty climbs up from the room below in Fig 1, and appears here. This is the only way back down from here.
    aufmonty-fig3
    Fig 4.
    This will lead down into a small chamber into the screen below.
    aufmonty-fig4a
    Oops. There was a coin here to the right of Monty, but I had already collected it, but it’s there.
    aufmonty-fig4b
    Fig 5.
    Climb down through the floor from just above where Monty is at the bottom, and then walk to the right where you see a little gap in the floor, that is where you’ll find another coin. The blue pipe will lead you back down to the top of the screen in Fig 2.
    aufmonty-fig5
    Fig 6.
    Another secret entrance taking you through into the final Germany room on the left side.
    aufmonty-fig6a
    You then appear here, and escape through the bottom right.
    aufmonty-fig6b
    …To appear here. See Fig 5 to escape.
    aufmonty-fig6c
    ROME

Fig 1.
    This isn’t so tricky. It’s all to do with position and timing. Jump from where Monty is standing around the moment where the nasty is going upwards to get the coin just to his left. The other red dotted arrow line below marks the invisible platform for Monty to walk across, and the red circle is where Monty can jump through the wall onto the next screen.
    aufmonty-rome-fig1
    Fig 2.
    The final tricky part. You have to jump onto the invisible platforms to get the coin, and then back again before you move onto the final screen.
    aufmonty-rome-fig2

Chris
    Chris

Your a frigging genius. I cant believe how many years I’ve been stuck on that one. The worst screen was Rome, right at the bottom and could I hell get out of it. Will add this to the main game listing 😀 cheers

Link back to the game entry

Baz

No problem, cheers. Well back in the day I never really took time enough to work all this out. Actually when playing it again today with infinite lives, it only took me about 5mins to figure out the 2nd Rome screen 😆

The red markings are an educated guesswork on where the invisible platforms are. It’s hard to figure out the length of them too so it’s a rough estimate.

The 1st screen in Rome above is probably the trickiest, because it’s all about pixel perfect timing to get that coin in the narrow opening. 1 pixel out and you’re probably dead.

Baz

I’m attempting a longplay video for youtube withtout cheats. The game is certainly completable, but it’s very VERY tough on a few screens.

^^^Not the toughest, but certainly one of them. Can anyone tell me if it’s possible to clear this screen without actually losing a life? It certainly doesn’t seem so 😕

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.