**** Commodore16.com ****

Commodore 16/Plus 4 website to provide support and gaming

Ebay Items

This topic contains 77 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by sidney13 sidney13 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 78 total)
  • Author

Baz

Just came across this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Commodore-16-Tutorial-Cartridge-Box_W0QQitemZ350214965113QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item518a704779&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177&_trkparms=%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

I’ve never heard of this, and not sure if it’s something I’d personally consider. Looks pretty mint though. What strikes me more though is that this is from a US seller. I thought the C16 was just about non-existent over there.

shem

Interesting
    I have spoken to Bil Hird a few days ago and in the US they call it the TED or the 264 series not the c16 maybe the US seller purchased them form ebay UK
    the other thing to consider is that if the item IS US NTSC they may not work well on a PAL machine

MikeDX
    Participant

Either way, we need to get that cartidge and get its rom contents dumped!

Baz

@mikedx wrote:

Either way, we need to get that cartidge and get its rom contents dumped!

No need, the rom is available here.

http://plus4world.powweb.com/software/C16_Tutor

Seems it was only available in the US and Australia with the starter packs. If that’s all they got with it without the games, then we’re the lucky ones and no wonder it sold less over there.

Baz

Just bought myself a nice cheap joystick adaptor so I can use my C64 joystick. Arrived yesterday and it works fine.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=170358736890

Looks exactly the same as the standard one I used to own. They seem to have loads going available.

Harlock
    Harlock

Those tutor carts are dead common. Commodore included them with C16’s in North America by the thousands. When I started in on the 16 its one of the first things I found.

Baz

ah ok. did it come with any games too?, i’m reckoning the xzap/punchy tape.

anyway, i’m still on a mad spree recollecting some old favourites, plus others i’ve never played before. i’ve just won this item.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360173077622

it’s Gridtrap which i’m mainly after, i used to have this. it’s actually an arcade conversion if i rightly remember well, and a very close translation of the arcade original. can anyone confirm this?, as i can’t remember the name of the arcade version.

i also loved spore, it’s our best gauntlet clone. plus i used to have the anirog 4-game pack too. i need skramble to go with it. also on the look out for Petch which i never owned. no idea why i haven’t bought solar software’s galaxions yet. not that faithful but still a damn fun game i remember well. to this day i have still never played pharoah’s tomb. prolly because of the bad review it got in Commodore User (although they did quite a few bad reviews).

apologies to anyone who bidded for this item, but it’s going to a good home 🙂

MikeDX
    Participant

Wow! Talk about naivety! I never put spore in the same league as gauntlet, but (rightly so) it is a clone! No wonder I like that game so much… 😳

Baz

Me too 🙂

I’m watching a mint C16 being bid on ebay right now. 6 hours left. Yesterday the bid was low, but check it out now. So far it’s upto £102, not far away from the value when it was first launched 😯

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=290335908314

I’d like to know how much a mint C64 would sell for. I reckon not as much. non-mint C16’s in good working order seems to fetch a bare minimum of £25 right now.

Baz

I just won a complete fully boxed Commodore 16 in good condition from ebay for the pawlty sum of £14.99 inc P&P. The item came with no photos and little description, but the seller emailed me back after I asked questions about the item, she’s an ebay newbie and also tried selling a Sega MS which was just as non-descriptive and went unsold. So I thought it was worth the gamble as fully boxed complete C16 packages are selling for very good prices. Hope I made the right decision.

The reason I bought another one was because the C16 Chris gave me has developed BIOS problems and keeps crashing out constantly and I’m no expert on repair 🙁 but it has totally reignited my full interest for the machine, not just simple nostalgia so thanks again Chris 🙂

I hope I get it before I go away to Greece for nearly 3 weeks. It’s being posted 2nd class and I leave in a fortnight. I contacted the seller about that too and seems happy to help.

clarance
    clarance
    Participant

That’s a great price for a boxed one. Bit of a box snob myself, always nice to find clean crisp polys 🙂

Baz

@clarance wrote:

That’s a great price for a boxed one. Bit of a box snob myself, always nice to find clean crisp polys 🙂

lol yeah I know what you mean. Unfortunately when I recieved my original C16 back in 1984 I dumped all the packaging and eventually gave it away around 1988.

This time it’s preservation 😀

BTW Clarence, have you checked out my new reviews here?, also put them up on Retro Gamer. I’ve had to ask RG to fix the Grid Trap review though so they might delete it so I can add it again, just some bug they have.

clarance
    clarance
    Participant

I have indeed seen your reviews Sixteen, and great they are too.

It’s wonderful to see views on the games written down, especially as coverage at the time was so scant in the magazines. There are so many great C16 games that never had anything written about them, so it’s doubly special to see a review appear now all these years later.

By the way, your Green Beret review simply doesn’t do justice to the awfulness of that particular game 🙂 After reading the review I had to load the game up to remind myself just how bad it was – oh my word 😯

I’ve got several more reviews myself jotted down on scraps of paper waiting to go up on the RG site, will try to motivate myself to get them typed in tonight, maybe…

Baz

@clarance wrote:

I have indeed seen your reviews Sixteen, and great they are too.

It’s wonderful to see views on the games written down, especially as coverage at the time was so scant in the magazines. There are so many great C16 games that never had anything written about them, so it’s doubly special to see a review appear now all these years later.

By the way, your Green Beret review simply doesn’t do justice to the awfulness of that particular game 🙂 After reading the review I had to load the game up to remind myself just how bad it was – oh my word 😯

I’ve got several more reviews myself jotted down on scraps of paper waiting to go up on the RG site, will try to motivate myself to get them typed in tonight, maybe…

haha, well anything I can think of to diss Green Beret even more I shall surely add. Why did they even bother to attempt it if their limit is only of BASIC standard? 😆

Baz

Ebay is my new local software shop 🙂

I just bought:

Kung-Fu Kid
    Indoor Soccer
    G-Man
    Terra Cognita
    3D Glooper (one of the last games I bought back then I think)
    Squirm
    BMX Simulator
    World Series Baseball 8)
    and a rare copy of: Survivors (I used to own this great Repton style game)

I have also just bought: Retro Gamer magazeine – Issue 56. It has an article reviewing C16/+4 games. I heard it’s great. Once I recieve it, I shall scan and share here 🙂

The only games I missed out on this time was Commando (original Elite cassette), and Pin Point (anco) 🙁

I’m just rebuilding my huge games collection I once had, still plenty more to go. Some so rare I may never find again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.