**** Commodore16.com ****

Commodore 16/Plus 4 website to provide support and gaming

Ebay Items

This topic contains 77 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by sidney13 sidney13 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Baz
    Baz

I’ve never actually tried this. How many leagues does it have?

If it’s just the english league, it won’t do much good abroad, and maybe not here anyway as we have the premier league now 😆

Mike
    Mike
    Participant

No such thing as the POOLS any more, died years ago thanks to the National Lottery. In fact Pools predictor is an app, like a lottery numbers predictor.

Something for the collection tho and that’s what counts. :)

Baz
    Baz

Well, it still exists but the lottery has eclipsed it.

I’m not sure how rare it is but I’ve seen this on Ebay too but decided not to go for it, one for collectors only that has to have everything :)

Patrick
    Patrick
    Participant

that is why i bought it, just for the collection!

do you guys have tapes double, soo maybe we can swap? like in the good old days!

Baz
    Baz

I don’t really have any doubles except maybe the one’s everyone has already. I have very few original tape games nowadays and now use my flash drive more :(

I saw Turf Form (Blue Ribbon’s gee-gee predictor) on Ebay last night. This seems a little rarer to come by if you haven’t got it already.

Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Most of my spares are the normal common ones like Mastertronic and in fact a massive box load has been on lone for like 2 years almost to one of the school moms husbands who has a C16 with like a small handful of games, (Nothing rare at all)…I want um back lol.

I do have a big box upstairs with loads of loose tapes, nothing rare tho.

I do have some personal spares but not really for sale or swap. Your understand why when I tell you I have 2 original copies of Tom Thumb, 4-5 copies of Winter Events each on a different printed tape and 1 a totally different printed box cover. 3 copies of Thrust, half wave turbo loaders are a pain and will be more so in the future – I love Thrust and many more… I do have Thrust Revised on disc too lol.

I have 2 of each on many of my fav games. Just in case anything should happen and even tho I can copy any game to disc from PC I just prefer to use the real thing. As it loads I read the instructions all over again, look at the art work. You can’t beat having the real thing in your hands.

Must be hard for you Sixteen Plus knowing some day you may move to the USA so not easy to take everything with you… :(

Baz
    Baz

@MIK wrote:

Must be hard for you Sixteen Plus knowing some day you may move to the USA so not easy to take everything with you… :( ]

I intend on bringing my C16 and C64 with me, but it will need converting to work on NTSC TV’s.

Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Going by some of the guys who post at p4world from the US, your be fine. C16 is only 9volts and that’s the easy part I would imagine. Just leaves the screen, one that can display NTSC and PAL.

Baz
    Baz

@MIK wrote:

Going by some of the guys who post at p4world from the US, your be fine. C16 is only 9volts and that’s the easy part I would imagine. Just leaves the screen, one that can display NTSC and PAL.

Yeah the PSU will be easy enough, it’s just getting an american PAL compatible TV’.

I read that you can buy PAL convertors which will allow me to connect it to an NTSC TV, but they’re different prices ranging from fairly cheap to pretty expensive. Not sure what my best option is yet. I’d prefer a converter so I can use it on any american set :)

Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Be cool tho from another point of view. You be able to start collecting NTSC stuff such as software and hardware that you would never see over here! Whole new universe to look at. 😀

That Konix come in the post yet?

Baz
    Baz

Yup rrecieved the Konix a couple of days back. Works a treat :)

Well to use NTSC software I’d need a NTSC C16 and C64. Not too bothered about those, even connected to NTSC tv it’ll still only play PAL anyway.

Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Glad to hear your Konix has arrived and it’s in good working order. RESULT! 😀
    If you were 20mins down the road I’d pop over for a looks. 😉

Haha, I would be tempted to grab an NTSC C16 or Plus4 as there is little interest in it over there. At least Casbo can help point you in the right directing what’s good ect… Would be Cool to have a genuine copy of Rug Rider!! That has to be ‘thee’ Tom Thumb type collectable of the NTSC gaming world. :)

Baz
    Baz
    Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Link not working…

If that’s Attic Bug he had it up for £100 last week when he first put it on, with a price drop and postage to be paid it brings it back up to that £100 mark.

The 1551 is a waste of space, colour is nice but when you have C64’s in the collection you need something that works on both. Not a bargain really, £60 including postage tops. You can still get C16’s and Plus/4’s for under £25 today if you wait for the right one to come along. 😆

Not even I have a 1551 in the house. No Bauknecht Demo for those that only use 1551’s. :mrgreen:

Baz
    Baz

Hmm, I must have overlooked your post Mike. No idea why the link didn’t work, it’s so long ago now I can’t recall. Anyway…

BUMP!
    Been following this.

Commodore 16 Boxed Games Working vintage Computer RARE 264 series datassete

Finally ended at £50.61 which is a fair old price for a system in a torn tatty box, a missing “Introduction to Basic Tape 2” cassette, no C16 User Manual or Xzap/Punchy/Rolf/Starter Chess game instruction booklet. The actual machine looks immaculate though, and it does come with a few extra games that’s not part of the starter pack bundle.

My C16 has everything included, nothing missing. The box is a little worn but not ripped up like that. Plus it’s expanded to 64K, so I wonder how much that would sell for in today’s market (just out of idle curiosity as it ain’t for sale) 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.