**** Commodore16.com ****

Commodore 16/Plus 4 website to provide support and gaming

Fingers Malone

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  MikeDX 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Mike
    Participant

£317.72

Sweet game, very freaking hard. A C16/Plus4 Master Class Classic!! 😀

MikeDX
    Participant

I used to be quite good at this, but I’ll get the ball rolling with a rubbish score :)

£152.42

Chris
    Chris

Now that’s a hard game, always had a problem with it. Going to try my best to beat your score 😯

MikeDX
    Participant

Had another quick go but nothing special. having my 2 year old “help” wasnt much help either lol

£256.56

Baz
    Baz

I haven’t played this one in years, and yes it is a hard game.

Might need to make a challenge myself soon :)

MikeDX
    Participant

Argh!

New score: £444.97

I was doing really well and then it all went wrong! Lost 5 lives on this damn level!

Then I only scored 50p on my last life!!! :( :(

fingersmalone-44447
    fingersmalone-44497

Attachments:
    1. fingers_malone0001

fingers_malone0001.gif

2. fingers_malone0000

fingers_malone0000.gif

3. fingersmalone-44447

fingersmalone-44447.gif

4. fingersmalone-44497

fingersmalone-44497.gif

HomeGnome

Hi!

My score is £1332.19, reached level 13. I practiced with my remake.. 😉
    fingersmalone-133219

Attachments:
    1. hg

hg.gif

2. fingersmalone-133219

fingersmalone-133219.gif

Baz
    Baz

Haven’t played this in years, all I remember is the difficulty level.

It’s on my list :)

Patrick
    Patrick
    Participant

guys, i am jealous!! i dont have much spare time to play all the games to try to beat all the high scores!

Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Nor do we. 😆
    Kids are home from school at the mo so I have even less time right now. Only way you can make time is to give up other things like XBOX360 or any other machine you were playing, watch less of the Olympics – I mean TV in general. Always harder in the summer months to play more any way. 😀

Baz
    Baz

£122.34

I never got past level 2. The pinpoint accuracy needed for the elevators makes this game a little too tough for its own good.

Mike
    Mike
    Participant

A lot of luck is needed to keep out of the way of the baddies more so after level 2 and also pin-point precision on the rails is required when in a hurry. Practice makes perfect mind. Level two is not that bad once you work out a way to do it. Never gets any easier though. I got to level 4 or 5. One with the 10 Tone weight, obviously I got hit by it having forgot where it drops! 😆

Keep at it, play it once in a while and your progress beyond level 2. Great game tho, well made and one of the best from Mastertronic even if it feels impossible to ever complete it. It’s a C16/Plus4 Classic without question just yes it’s one of the hardest ever made on our system. Loads of replay value that will keep you busy for the next 30 years. :)

MikeDX
    Participant

Here is my latest entry to this high score league :) with a not-so-high score of

£152.99

You can watch my game here: 8)

Fingers Malone / C16 Game playback

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot-from-2015-07-08-002257

Screenshot-from-2015-07-08-002257.png

Mike
    Mike
    Participant

I don’t know how but I missed it when you posted that awesome £444.97 and have only just noticed it!?!?! That screen almost looks like a mirror version of Lv2 with the Exit at the bottom instead of the top. Well played though MikeDX!

That playback feature is very cool! :)

BTW, not sure if that’s an old .prg version you have there, using SYS to get it going… There is one on Plus/4 World that uses RUN any way. http://plus4world.powweb.com/software/Fingers_Malone/

MikeDX
    Participant

Thanks for the tip about the prg file, I’ve had another go, using that PRG

£408.98 – Using new prg

Please give that link a click – it plays back the game very very fast! :)

Oh, that level you mentioned, I got to that level again earlier, the game is so difficult and as you can see there is a lot of luck involved! Doug is some sort of Evil Genius! :)

Attachments:
    1. 408.98

408.98.gif

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.