**** Commodore16.com ****

Commodore 16/Plus 4 website to provide support and gaming

Plus 4 Games for SD2IEC

Home Forums Commodore 16/+4 Discussion Forum General Plus 4 Games for SD2IEC

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Chris Chris 3 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

StarshipUK

I have been working on a project to gather all Plus 4 games and format them so they can be easily loaded on a SD2IEC with a real Plus 4.

The download is at: http://www.ride-the-music.com/plus4/plus4sdcard.rar

Extract fb16.prg to the sdcard first. To load type dload”*” and then run, and the menu program loads.

You may also need to use this: http://www.anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort/ to sort everything alphabetically, after the RAR has been extracted to the SD Card.

So far I am only halfway and have done 0 to L. All filenames are 16 characters or less and lowecase with spaces removed. Old contains most popular english commercial releases from the small Gamebase collection. Foreign contains games in funny languages which are probably not playable to an English person (text games etc). Cracks contains any cracks and hacks contains italian hacks and level edited versions. It could probably do with more sorting to get rid of the really crappy games, but its a start!

Feedback (and any problems) is appreciated.

Baz

Nice, I have a similar setup on my SD2IEC but not quite as extensive. So I will watch your progress with interest 🙂

One thing I’ve noticed which may require fixing is that I’ve noticed a lot of files do not have extensions, but they seem to be the .PRG files, at least the one’s which I’ve tested so far are anyway. I’m not sure whether this is intentional on your part but I do feel that these need to be fixed 😕

StarshipUK

Its intentional. The SD2IEC and FB16 menu loader does not need the .PRG extension to load .PRG files and removing it allows for an extra 4 characters in the filename to help ID the game name. Otherwise you would only have 12 characters. Only .D64 files need the extension added to be properly identified.

This might cause probs with emulators, but works fine with the SD2IEC and FB16 which is what this project is designed for.

Baz

I never considered that. Good idea 🙂

StarshipUK

I have now finished the complete A-Z (Took me ages! Especially the letter S!)

It is downloadable here:
    http://www.ride-the-music.com/plus4/Plus4v20.rar

Baz
    yerzmyey
    yerzmyey
    Participant

Wow, great work.
    Actually especially for the RAR pack I will probably buy the SD2IEC. 🙂

A question: I can see there also the *.d64 files.
    Was the SD2IEC capable of handling D64 images??

Best wishes,
    Y

Baz

Very late reply. Yes it is capable 🙂

As his link is now dead, and as I still use his collection on my sd2iec I have now re-uploaded his project here on the site.

http://www.commodore16.com/sd2iec-games-collection

🙂

Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Great if you have a 64k C16 like our lucky bar-steward Baz. 😉

Baz

Do you mean that many of the games which should be C16 compatible are still the old plus4 only cracked copies? I forgot to consider this possibility 😕

Baz

I have now updated the archive with all the C16 versions which Csabo has fixed since he last uploaded it. It seems that he already had included many of Csabo C16 fixes upto that point. There maybe more fixes in the future, but it’s a lot better than it was. I’ve also included all new game releases and cracks upto this date in time.

Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Nice one. 🙂

Chris
    Chris

I’m using it on my Princess, and it’s fabulous. Thank you for all your effort StarshipUK.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.